Strength Workout of the Day: Back Squat 8-8-6-6
Workout Of the Day: 3 rounds for time of:
12 Deadlifts 225 lbs
24 Bar Facing Burpees
Just what exactly is a Guerrilla? How many of us actually know? How many of us think it’s a big hairy mammal that lives in the jungle? Well, that my friends, is NOT a Guerrilla. A Guerrilla is a revolutionary, a rebel, someone looking to make a major change in something. Are you a Guerrilla?
With the kickoff of The Best Shape of Your Life Challenge, I challenge you to be a Guerrilla. Be a revolutionary, be a rebel, make major changes…especially in your nutrition. Will it be difficult? Yes, but isn’t anything worth fighting for difficult? What does it say on our whiteboard, what do you read every time you come in for the WOD? “Get comfortable with the uncomfortable.”
There are going to be people who don’t approve of what you’re doing. There will be those who try to sidetrack you and deter your success, ignore them. This is about you and your choices. This isn’t about doing something because some Paleo guru like Robb Wolf told you to. No matter what, you make the ultimate choice about your nutrition, your life.
Every meal planned, every meal prepared, every bite taken should be with thought and purpose. “Will this meal help me reach my ultimate goal?” If the answer is “No,” then you need to re-evaluate. And give some thought to exactly that, what is your ultimate goal; what is your “Why?” It will be different for all of us, and that’s okay. Some of us simply want six pack abs, others have a significant amount of weight to lose in order to eliminate disease and find wellness…and fitness. Maybe you want to be around when your kids are grown, and have their own children. Whatever it is doesn’t matter, it’s yours…but you’ll never get there if you don’t fight.
So start today, be a Guerilla…be a revolutionary, a rebel, make major changes. You owe it to yourself.
I leave you today with a healthier, Paleo version of a traditional Valentine’s Day treat!
Recipe of the Week
Chocolate Covered Cherries
1 cup coconut oil
Scant 3/4 cup cocoa powder
1-2 Tbsp raw honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
4-5oz frozen cherries
1/4 cup raw honey
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 drops almond extract
1.5 tsp arrowroot powder
1.5 tsp water
1) Heat cherries, honey, vanilla & almond extracts in a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring to a simmer.
2) Combine arrowroot powder & water in a small bowl to form a paste.
3) Raise heat and add arrowroot paste to cherry mixture, stir until thickened.
4) Remove from heat, chill in refrigerator.
1) Melt coconut oil in small saucepan over low heat
2) Whisk in cocoa powder, honey & vanilla until combined.
1) Line 2 mini muffin pans, or 1 large muffin pan with paper liners.
2) Spoon a small amount of chocolate into muffin cups swirling the chocolate up onto the sides. Only use 1/2 of the chocolate. Place pan(s) in freezer for 15 minutes.
3) Remove pans from freezer. Spoon a small amount of cherry mixture on top of chocolate layer. Freeze 15 minutes.
3) Spoon remaining chocolate over cherry mixture. Freeze 15 minutes.
Enjoy! These should be stored in the freezer, and papers peeled away carefully or the layers may split.